What could happen if we see things in a new light … a supernatural light? Could things be improved, even transformed?
Walking in the light is a walk of possibilities. Invite the Light of God into situations and scenarios via you! See what can happen.
[Scroll down for links, resources, and scripture on this topic.]
Jesus Smart: The Podcast
Available on Spotify, Apple, Podbean and more. Subscribe on your favorite listening option to stay connected with new episodes.
Your rating and review help more people discover the podcast. Thanks!
Get the Jesus Smart eLetter to keep current with podcast episode releases, updates, and insights
Go Deeper — Seeing Things in a New Light
Stephen Covey said, “The way we see the problem is the problem.”
If you can just get the light of God on that issue … you’ll see it in an EXTRAORDINARY LIGHT. Then you can call out the gold and trigger transformation!
Seeing things in a new light will give us the opportunity to understand and interpret in a new, fresh way—we’re thinking about the mental/emotional/spiritual way that we see.
- Seeing a relationship in a new light. A diamond in the rough.
- Seeing a challenge or opportunity in fresh light. What’s possible?
- Seeing a project in a new light. It will achieve better results.
- What about seeing yourself in a new light? Higher Design is powerful.
Seeing Things in a New Light — Scripture for Meditation, Prayer, and Proclamation
A few thoughts:
- Know that God is supernatural light. And it’s Jesus who brings this light to us. Fix your eyes on him (Hebrews 12:2). Increase your intimacy with Christ.
- Receive Christ more and more into your life. He is the light!
- Release the light of Christ over earth-borne situations and challenges … and even opportunities. Apply your faith through prayer, decree, and practical application!
- Walk in the light. As you remain in the light, more light will become available. Don’t live in the shade. (See the scriptures below.)
- Intentionally wean yourself away from natural seeing and thinking. Transition to spiritual seeing and thinking.
- Discipline yourself to consistently maintain a high Word-level. Understand that the Word of God is light.
And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light … And there was evening and there was morning, one day (Genesis 1:2-3).
For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6).
For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light (Psalm 36:9).
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened … (Ephesians 1:17-18).