In this special episode, we take a clear-eyed look at the virus at the top of global news. Let’s get accurate about it. And let’s get fearless about the Coronavirus.
Memo: The show notes page for this episode also serves as a resource page. Scroll to see Resources to Go Deeper for additional information and links to resources referenced in this episode.
- We look at a prophecy by Shawn Bolz about the virus that you may find reassuring.
- J.C.L. Faltot dialogues for a few minutes about how we should be thinking about this.
- We explore best practices for prevention, how we can heighten our immune system.
- What researchers in Israel may be on the brink of discovering in the next several weeks.
- And let’s bring Kingdom Dynamics into the mix — we look at marinating in Psalm 91, prayer targeting, and we pray together.
- We highlight a list of “prayer targets” to be fearless about the coronavirus.
- Also on this page — Why new diseases keep appearing in China.
Stream episode #115: Be Absolutely Fearless About the Coronavirus Like Jesus
Listen via: Apple Podcasts | Podbean | Google Play | iHeart Radio | Stitcher | TuneIn | Overcast | YouTube | RSS | Also on Spotify, Pocket Casts, and Player FM
CLICK >> jesussmart.com/godspeed to see a complete list of GODSPEED tinysodes. Fast. Punchy!
Your rating, review, and subscription is the best way you can help this podcast — whatever your favorite listening option is. Thanks!
If you listen on Apple Podcasts, kindly leave a rating, a review and subscribe!
RESOURCES TO GO DEEPER — Be Absolutely Fearless About the Coronavirus
Memo: The show notes page for the episode is a “living, breathing” web page. Additional links and resources are being added. Scroll to see Resources to Go Deeper.
Summary and Update — Coronavirus (“Coronavirus Disease 2019”, abbreviated “COVID-19”)
Q: What is COVID-19?
A: COVID-19 is a virus strain, first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, that has only spread in people since December 2019.
Health experts are closely monitoring the situation because little is known about this new virus and it has the potential to cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people.
Q: How does COVID-19 spread?
A: COVID-19 is primarily spread through respiratory droplets, which means to become infected, people generally must be within six feet of someone who is contagious and come into contact with these droplets.
More from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Why New Diseases Keep Appearing in China
Source: Vox. Both SARS (2003) and COVID (2019-2020) are in the “coronavirus” family, and both appear to have emerged from animals in China’s notorious wildlife markets. Experts had long predicted that these markets, known to be potential sources of disease, would enable another outbreak.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may appear two to 14 days after exposure and can include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
The severity of COVID-19 symptoms can range from very mild to severe. People who are older or have existing medical conditions, such as heart disease, may be at higher risk of serious illness. This is similar to what is seen with other respiratory illnesses, such as influenza.
Follow Influenza Prevention Practices (Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic)
- Yes, you’ll keep hearing this — Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15-20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Frequent handwashing is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household items if you’re sick.
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you’re sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Standard household cleansers and wipes are effective in cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Enhancing Your Immune System
From Harvard Health Publishing:
- Get adequate sleep (7-8 hours). Maybe take naps. Related: Sleep Your Way to a Better Brain (Jesus Smart)
- Minimize stress – music, exercise, reading, meditation, prayer, stay ahead of situations/
- Cut down on sugar. It suppresses the immune system.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Whole foods, not processed.
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation.
- Exercise regularly. Get 150 minutes of moderate activity a week.
- Don’t smoke.
From Cleveland Clinic: 3 Vitamins to Boost Immune System:
- Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, strawberries, bell peppers, spinach, kale and broccoli. Daily intake of vitamin C is essential for good health.
- Vitamin B6 is vital to supporting biochemical reactions in the immune system. Vitamin B6-rich foods include chicken and cold-water fish such as salmon and tuna. Vitamin B6 also is found in green vegetables and in chickpeas, which is the main ingredient in hummus.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body fight off infection. Foods rich in vitamin E include nuts, seeds and spinach.
Israeli Researchers Say They May Have a Vaccine for Coronavirus Ready Within the Next Few Weeks
ILTV Israel News is an independent English-language media company based in Tel Aviv.
Shawn Bolz Prophecy About the Coronavirus (Charisma News)
More on this prophecy from FoxNews.com
About Shawn Bolz (Bolz Ministries)
The Lord showed me the end of the coronavirus. The tide is turning now!
He is answering the prayers and cries of the nations and is putting an end in sight. The exaggerated fear-based tactics of the enemy and several media outlets for political reasons are coming to an end. The enemy has been trying to distract and steal from several equally important purposes and issues by dominating airwaves with conspiracy and fear.
Even now, several vaccines are coming out, as well as a natural dying out of the virus itself. The Lord is saying, “I am removing the threat of this.”
Within a short amount of time, the extreme threat will feel as though it is in the distant past.
“The very moment I call to you for a father’s help, the tide of battle turns and my enemies flee. This one thing I know: God is on my side!” (Ps. 56:9, TPT).
Marinate In Psalm 91: Read It. Practice a “Psalm 91 Mindfulness.” Pray It. Say It. Get Fearless About the Coronavirus.
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. 4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”
The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson. All rights reserved.
Prayer Targets — Be Fearless About the Coronavirus
These prayer targets are taken from the Give Him 15 Daily Prayer for March 3, 2020.
We believe strongly that since this is a worldwide issue, it’s going to take the whole church to cry out together for the mercy and healing power of God to contain it.
1. Pray Psalm 91 over your families and nations.
“When we live our lives within the shadow of God Most High, our secret hiding place, we will always be shielded from harm. HOW THEN COULD EVIL PREVAIL AGAINST US OR DISEASE INFECT US?” (Passion Translation, Ps. 91:9-10)
2. Therefore, during this prayer time, we want to both pray against fear and remind ourselves that God has not given us a spirit of fear. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Tim. 1:7).
3. Because fear can cause us to also make reactionary or unwise decisions, we pray for wisdom for our leaders to contain the spread of the virus while protecting their people effectively. We pray also for the crisis response teams and emergency responders in each nation to be protected and be effective.
4. Across the world people are being faced with the greatest fear known to mankind—the prospect of our own mortality. Pray for courage for believers to share Jesus effectively through this time of crisis.
5. Many prophetic voices across the world have been prophesying the coming of the next great awakening, and that it will happen on a worldwide scale. Forces of evil would like to use this to either delay or disrupt the coming awakenings and revivals. Intercede that this will not happen, but rather escalate the moves of God worldwide. God wants this season to turn into a catalyst of revival instead of contagion.
6. Make a decree that the coronavirus will cease worldwide, and that God will heal all who are currently affected by it.
7. Re-consecrate yourselves, your families, and your nation to God through the taking of communion. Remember the miracle of Passover. Plead and apply the blood of the Lamb on the doorposts of your spheres.
“My cherished friends, keep on running far away from idolatry. I know I am writing to thoughtful people, so carefully consider what I say. For when we pray for the blessing of the communion cup, isn’t this our co-participation with the blood of Jesus? And the bread that we distribute, isn’t this the bread of our co-participation with the body of Christ? FOR ALTHOUGH WE’RE MANY, WE BECOME ONE LOAF OF BREAD AND ONE BODY AS WE FEAST TOGETHER ON ONE LOAF” (1 Corinthians 10:14-17 TPT).