There is such potential in making a strong, quality decision. Is life asking you to make a decision about something? What do you need to commit to?
Imagine what could be on the other side of your move.
- A beautiful marriage and family?
- The next level in your career or business?
- An education that will create lifetime value?
- New levels of energy and wellness?
- That cause or mission you must engage?
- Relationships that mean everything and make all the difference?
Quick access to the recent 10 podcast episodes:
Could There Be a Clear Connection Between Our Decisiveness and Power from Above Ourselves?
I’m going to go with Scottish mountaineer and writer William Hutchison Murray on this.
Here’s what he wrote in The Scottish Himalayan Expedition (1951):
This may sound too simple, but is great in consequence. Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way. I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets: Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!
Did you see that?
“The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred.”
Make a Strong Decision … Then Intensify Personal Commitment
- Intensify your desire to experience the complete story of your life. We want all of the music to play.
- Invest time in meditation. Let everything and everyone quiet down. Writing grounds you—begin to write some things down that are important to you. Connect with your authentic self as you move forward.
- Make quality decisions with conviction and confidence. If there’s a mistake, correct it. But don’t continue hesitating. Inertia = misery.
- Wax strong in your commitment. Once a decision is made, continuously increase your commitment to it. Personal commitment attracts good things to your life.
- You can be meek (harnessed strength) and bold at the same time. If we’re not bold, we recede into everything and everyone else — there’s little definition in our lives. Live in bold relief against the backdrop of the season you are in.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight (direct, smooth) your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways” (James 1:6-8 ESV).
Q4U: What strong decision can you make now? Build momentum in quality decision-making and confidently move forward.